
Title: In My Dreams
Author: Cameo Renae
It was happening again. The dreams. The nightmares. It was something that seventeen year-old Elizabeth Hayes thought she d outgrown; dreams that would come true; detailed premonitions of how people would die. This time she dreams about her boyfriend, Michael Young, and soon discovers that he has been found... dead.
He has not crossed over because he was murdered, and now the murderer is after Lizzy. His spirit won't rest until she is safe. As a newbie spirit, the easiest way for him to make contact is through Lizzy's dreams. When she dreams, it's as if he hasn't died.
Lizzy must learn to pull on her inner strength to survive horrifying events, and is faced with a most difficult decision. Would she risk her life to save her best friend and the very person responsible for Michael's death?
Meanwhile, Michael learns everything he can about his supernatural gifts to help. But will it be enough to save her?
Plot: 48 points
Bawled my eyes out like a little baby! Oh my gosh... From the very get-go, I could not stop crying! There was so much emotion in this book...WELL-WRITTEN emotion I might add. The love and sadness throughout the book struck me straight in my heart. Not even the battle scene in Breaking Dawn 2 left my heart feelings so vulnerable. Ever single dream scene with Michael made my eyes water, especially the first one!
The adventure in this book is very well-written as well, and the bravery (and fear) of the characters was depicted perfectly :) I think two reasons why this books struck me so hard is 1) My boyfriend's name is Michael, and he shares GREAT similarity to the Michael in the book! Crazy right? All the way down to the eye color and nice car! And my middle name is...Elizabeth!!! I was like, "Whaaaaaaaaaaat??? 2) I have spoken to one of my relatives who passed away in my dream once, and I know the feeling of waking up from the dream wanting to go straight back in and spend more time with them. It is a mixture of peace (because you got to see them again and tell them you love them), and sadness (because you miss them so much and you want them to be with you in real life). Every emotion I felt and would have felt was displayed in this book, and let me tell you, it fells so real when you read it!
I REALLY, REALLY liked the ending of the book :) I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it was the best it could have ended under the circumstances. I just wish the circumstances were different of course! I thought of another possible ended that would have made me smile, **SPOILER** [A dream within a dream, where she was able to wake up back in the beginning of the book and stop Tyler from ever going to see Buck, which would have prevented Michael from being killed, and they could live happily ever after] **END OF SPOILER** but the way it ended was still great, again, under the circumstances :)))
Will there be a part 2 Renae? Please, please! Oh purty please!
Characters: 15 points
Everyone was written perfectly! Michael is an adorable badass, and Elizabeth is a mixture of fear and bravery (if that's possible). Supporting characters were also great!! I really felt for Mr. and Mrs. Young...boy o' boy I couldn't even imagine.
Names of characters: 5 points
It was a little weird how similar the names were to my boyfriend and I, but I think it made me feel the emotions more deeply, so it was great. Every time she cried over Michael, I cried over Michael...it was two days full of tears! LOL.
Writing/Depth: 30 points
Another fabulously written book by Renae! I think the highlight of the book was the emotional depth. This book far excelled any book I've ever read in that area, by far. READ THIS BOOK EVERYONE!
AND WRITE MORE BOOKS SOON RENAE!!! :) I'm ready for more!
TOTAL: 98 POINTS


No comments:
Post a Comment