Sunday, February 3, 2013

Anew and Awry Quotes - SPOILER WARNING!






















There were some things said in Anew and Awry that I just felt the need to share because they were either SO deep, or SO funny! If you want to read the books firstTHEN DON'T READ THIS POST! If you've already read the book or you don't mind some spoiler quotes, then read on! You won't be disappointed :)

ANEW

Later that night, Scarlet tossed in her bed as she dreamt. She and Gabriel were in a field and he was gently swinging her around as he sang— loudly and off key. Scarlet was laughing hysterically and demanding to be put down. 

“No. Not until you agree to dance with me and sing at the top of your lungs.” He broke into song again. 

She could barely speak through her laughter. “I can’t sing. I sing like a duck.” 

“A duck?” He swung her around again. “Ducks don’t  sing. They quack.” 

“Exactly.” 

“Very well.” Gabriel started waltzing with mock seriousness. “We shall quack, then.” He swung her around, her long hair sailing in the wind as he quacked. “Quack, quack. Quack, quack.” Gabriel’s duck imitation was spot-on. 

Scarlet was laughing so hard her stomach and cheeks began to hurt. “Stop quacking.” 

“Not until you dance with me.” 

“Fine, fine.” Scarlet controlled her laughter for a moment. “Just put me down.” 

Gabriel looked at her closely, pressing his nose to hers as he spoke. “If I put you down, you’ll dance with me?” 

Scarlet smiled. “Only if you quit quacking.” 

He smiled broadly. “Very well.” He set her on her feet and eyed her carefully. 

Scarlet burst into laughter and took off running. “But first you have to catch me….” And off she ran, laughing until tears fell down her cheeks, with Gabriel right at her heels, quacking away.

Fine, Chelsea (2011-12-05). Anew (The Archers of Avalon, Book One) (p. 59). Firefall Publishing. Kindle Edition. 

**Hehe** So cute! Especially the quacking...

AWRY

[Nate] He clasped his hands together. “Okay, new rule. No more fighting in the living room amidst the expensive furniture and breakable windows. I’d rather not let in any additional cold drafts, on the slight chance our immortality doesn’t extend to hypothermia.” 

Fine, Chelsea (2012-06-10). Awry (The Archers of Avalon, Book Two) (Kindle Locations 1597-1599). Firefall Publishing. Kindle Edition.

LOL...I LOVE Nate...he always says the cutest things. 



Gabriel rolled his eyes. 

“Dude,” Nate said, tightening his scarf. “It’s freezing in here. We’re immortals, not snowmen. Oh, and also?” He looked at Tristan and shrugged. “No more sneaking away with deadly, immortal-killing weapons with the intention of, I dunno, dying.” Nate held up his mitten-clad hands. “Nobody approves.” 

Fine, Chelsea (2012-06-10). Awry (The Archers of Avalon, Book Two) (Kindle Locations 1599-1603). Firefall Publishing. Kindle Edition.

We're not snowmen and seriously, Tristen...nobody approves!



“Okay.” Nate took a deep breath. “Now that we’re all caught up on the new no-no’s of the house, what do you say we find a tarp and some duct tape and MacGyver ourselves a  new window in the living room? Just, you know, to keep out the wind… and the leaves… and any sharp-toothed woodland creatures prone to attacking people in their sleep.”  

Tristan raised a brow. “What?” 

Nate shrugged. “Death by dragon? Awesome. Death by rabid forest squirrel? Not cool, man. Not cool.” 

“You’re immortal, Nate,” Gabriel said. 

“So? That doesn’t mean I want rabies.” Nate shook his head.  

Fine, Chelsea (2012-06-10). Awry (The Archers of Avalon, Book Two) (Kindle Locations 1604-1606). Firefall Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Everything about this is funny...LOL



Slowly pulling back, Tristan murmured, “Is it okay if I love you?” 

Scarlet tried to catch her breath as she looked into his beautiful eyes. “Only if it is okay that I love you back.” 

“Deal,” he said, pressing his lips back against hers, resuming their kiss. 

Wet, soft and hot, Scarlet had never felt anything so blissful. 

Fine, Chelsea (2012-06-10). Awry (The Archers of Avalon, Book Two) (Kindle Locations 3068-3072). Firefall Publishing. Kindle Edition.

LOVE this part... ties in with the end of AVOW.



“Marry me,” he said. He could not live without her and he did not want to. Not ever. 

Scarlet was silent for a long time. “Don’t be foolish, Hunter.” 

He smiled at the sky above them. “Marry me, Scar.” 

She turned her head to look at him with big blue eyes, her cheek smashed against his chest. “I do not belong in your village or your castle.” 

“You belong right here.” He looked at her and stroked her back. “With me. We can live in the village, or the castle, or the woods or the water… wherever you want. We will take your mother and be a family.” 

Scarlet eyes looked pained. “But I have nothing for you.  I am a thief. I am nothing.” 

He smiled at her. “You are everything.” He went back to stroking her hair and lowered his voice to just above a whisper, “Marry me, Scar.” 

“Are you sure you want me?” 

Her eyes looked so insecure that Tristan thought his heart would break. How could this girl doubt his love even for a moment? “I love you,” he said. “I want you more than life itself. Forever.” He brushed a hand across her cheek. “And I will take care of you always. Marry me.” 

Scarlet blinked and stared at him with her lips parted. “Okay,” she whispered. A slow smile spread across his face. 

“Yes?” 

“Yes,” she repeated, smiling. “But only because I love you.”

Fine, Chelsea (2012-06-10). Awry (The Archers of Avalon, Book Two) (Kindle Locations 3307-3308). Firefall Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Eeeee!!! So charming **swoon**. Where is my Tristan?



Panting and flushed, Heather was the last member of Team Awesome to barge through the front door, mud coating the bottom half of her heels. “I twisted my ankle, swallowed a fly, and ran through a spider web trying to follow you here, Scarlet. This better be good!”

 Fine, Chelsea (2012-06-10). Awry (The Archers of Avalon, Book Two) (Kindle Locations 8306-8308). Firefall Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Oh Heather...haha. Swallowed a fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment