Series Info: Off-Campus #1
Author: Elle Kennedy
She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy...
Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice... even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.
...and it’s going to be oh so good.
All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn't take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn't going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.
Plot: 50 points
The plot for this book was really, really great... like, wow!!! Deserved every bit of that 4.39 (current) rating on goodreads....
I was surprised that the main part of the plot (or what I thought it was going to be...) was actually a very small part of the book. "The Deal" if you will, wasn't a big chunk of the plot. But that's fine with me, cause that means more time for Hannah and Garrett relationship building!
I loved that Hannah and Garrett both have a past... and that they understand each other's pain so well. I love how their relationship starts and how quickly it takes off without too many gaps or horrendous fights. There were a couple moments when one of them would do or say something that made me want to hit them, but the situations were pretty quickly resolved. And they each understood each other so well that they knew things would work out in the long run.
I was surprised that the main part of the plot (or what I thought it was going to be...) was actually a very small part of the book. "The Deal" if you will, wasn't a big chunk of the plot. But that's fine with me, cause that means more time for Hannah and Garrett relationship building!
I loved that Hannah and Garrett both have a past... and that they understand each other's pain so well. I love how their relationship starts and how quickly it takes off without too many gaps or horrendous fights. There were a couple moments when one of them would do or say something that made me want to hit them, but the situations were pretty quickly resolved. And they each understood each other so well that they knew things would work out in the long run.
I loved that Garrett played hockey, and I loved that Hannah could sing. It made for a pretty nice plot! And I loved the romance... it was so perfect the whole time! They way they are patient with each other and help put together each of their broken pieces. Totally swoon-worthy on both of their parts!
Characters: 20 points
Garrett and Hannah were both perfect... and perfect for each other. Really. Their humor towards each other and the chemistry between them was so beautiful. Like I mentioned earlier, they were so very patient with each other. Especially Garrett who was patient with Hannah. Garrett was very protective and kind.. Hannah was both shy and adventurous.. they kind of just completed each other. I also want to mention that I linked how their pasts didn't rule them or debilitate them... sure it affected them, but the whole book didn't feel like a sob story. I was a fun book to read because there was so much light in them, instead of so much darkness, which could have been expected due to what happened to them.
I also loved everyone on the hockey team and Hannah's friends as well. They were all very funny and great friends to them both.
Writing/Depth: 30 points
Kennedy truly wrote a page turner... I couldn't stop reading. I found myself lying in bed barely able to keep my eyes open. I just couldn't stop reading! This book was laced with beautiful (really, really beautiful...) romance and tons of humor. That's EXACTLY what I want in a book. I laughed out loud a couple times... not something I usually do. So when I get a book that really makes me laugh, I fall in love instantly.
The scenes were the perfect length, and there was a lot of depth in the writing. I totally clicked with everything emotionally... right down to my core. Loved this book soooo much! It's a must read!!!
TOTAL: 100 POINTS



the chemistry between these two were just great!! I loved this story, and it was so much better than I thought it would be. I need to read The Mistake soon. Lovely review hun. Hope you are enjoying your week.
ReplyDelete