Sunday, July 12, 2015

Forged in Stone (The Forged Chronicles #1) - 90 points


Title: Forged in Stone
Series Info: The Forged Chronicles #1
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy

The son of darkness is all grown up...

James is a Guardian. He is tasked with protecting the most important person in his world. For eight years he has done his job without complaint, but he has grown tired of living under the shadow of a father who is responsible for the most unimaginable violence and destruction his world has ever known.

Ainsley is at a loss for what to do with her life. She hates her two dead end jobs and the family who betrayed her. She has resigned herself to living one day at a time, but she longs for an escape from her lonely life.

When Ainsley finds James in her bed, their two lives and worlds collide. They may have both found exactly what they need, but the darkness James has been running from his whole life has just caught up.


4 HEARTS!


POINT BREAKDOWN

Plot: 45 points

This book is pretty cute... and a little different from any other paranormal book I've read. There are bits of humor, adventure, intensity, danger... just a little bit of everything. I love how Ainsley and James meet, and I love their instant attraction and connection. And I love the paranormal side of this book and everything that comes with it.

The ending of this book was a little bit weird for me, which is why I haven't decided to read the subsequent books in the series yet. Just haven't decided. But over all it's a cute read that I would recommend!



Characters: 18 points

Ainsley is smart... she's not to willing to believe what James tells her. Which might frustrate you at times because you know James is safe, but in reality, if we were in the same situation as Ainsley, you better hope you'd be as cautious as she was. She really makes the book more realistic for me. 

James is just a naive sweetheart. Really... he hasn't spent quite enough time in the earthly realm apparently, because his lack of adeptness is humorous. Even the way he talks is a little strange. But he's a gentleman with a pure heart and he's trying to protect Ainsley from the very beginning. 

Writing/Depth: 27 points

Alissa Rose Ivy is a new author for me! First book I've read by her. I have to say I'm impressed! I would have liked a little more humor... and maybe a little more depth in writing. But overall I enjoyed her book! It's hard for me to get on board with new writers... I like my comfort zone like the next person. But I enjoyed this book and Ivy's writing. 

TOTAL: 90 POINTS



No comments:

Post a Comment