Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades #3) - 99 points



Title: Fifty Shades Freed
Series Info: Fifty Shades #3
Author: E.L. James
When unworldly student Anastasia Steele first encountered the driven and dazzling young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both of their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and, ultimately, repelled by Christian’s singular erotic tastes, Ana demands a deeper commitment. Determined to keep her, Christian agrees.

Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own identity. And Christian must overcome his compulsion to control as he wrestles with the demons of a tormented past.

Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to make Ana’s deepest fears turn to reality.

This book is intended for mature audiences.

5 HEARTS!

POINT BREAKDOWN

Plot: 49 points

I had a hard time keeping up with this book because of all the changing scenes and flipping from past to present, but all in all I really liked this book the best! **SPOILER** The are moving away from all the BDSM stuff, which I like, and they get married and eventually have babies! Woo hoo! That’s what I call a relationship success story! :)

(From here down, the notes are the same as the first 2 books)

Characters: 15 points

I just love Anastasia and Christian! Ana was written as a very beautiful character (and I love that she’s an average Jane!), and Christian…well…I imagine him as Ian Somerhalder, and that makes me want to faint every time he speaks pretty much (see pic below!). I love both of their families, too! I really loved every single character. There isn’t one that I didn’t like. Except for the bad guys in the books, but hey, in order for a billionaire to protect you, you need something to be protected from, right?

Names of characters: 5 points

Loved them! Ana and Christian are very sweet, sensual names, and even the names of the other characters are great! No ugly grandma names or anything. I just might name my kids Anastasia and/or Christian! They’ll have to turn out gorgeous if I do :)

Writing/Depth: 30 points

Pretty darn good! I could seriously feel what Ana was feeling. If I was her, I’d feel the same way James depicted her feeling.  And Christian’s facial expressions…wow…very well depicted. I almost passed out a couple times from all the **swooning**. Some people criticize James’ writing but I don’t know why. I thought it was great! And I really loved the email parts. Made me smile every time! 


TOTAL: 99 POINTS 



No comments:

Post a Comment